Massage therapy is a very important aspect of one’s health and wellness routines, and there are numerous benefits. Here are 10 “Fun Facts” about massage therapy.
10 Fun Facts About Massage Therapy
- Massage therapy techniques can stimulate the body’s natural painkillers, called endorphins. This can help decrease pain and improve mood.
- Massage therapy improves many functions of the body to include: the circulatory system, the lymphatic system, the immune system and many others.
- Therapeutic stretching, cup therapy, and massage therapy can help speed the healing of tissues, rehabilitate and reduce restrictions that may cause injuries thus reducing the risk of injury.
- Massage therapy can mitigate headaches and even migraines.
- Lymphatic drainage massage, a specialized form of massage therapy, improves the lymphatic system, which improves swelling and facilitates the body’s ability to flush out toxins.
- Massage therapy can reduce cortisol levels, which is our stress hormone. This can affect feelings of anxiety, stress, and improve immune function.
- Massage therapy affects our heart function by lowering blood pressure.
- Massage can increase serotonin levels, which is often called the “happy chemical” because it contributes to happiness.
- Massage can improve one’s sleep.
- Massage therapy techniques can improve a person’s overall health, wellness and wellbeing.