Massage Therapy is beneficial in so many ways, and is an important aspect of your overall wellness plan so that you can feel your best. There are numerous reasons to get a massage, and here are just a few!
10 Reasons To Get A Massage
- Your muscles are tight. Massages can help to alleviate muscle tightness and tension, as well as improve flexibility and range of motion.
- Improve immune responses. The body’s immune system can be boosted by massage therapy, thus helping you fight off viruses and stay healthy.
- Boost your mood. Massage helps to increase “happy” hormones and chemicals in order to keep your mood elevated.
- You have pain or soreness. Massage is important for decreasing pain sensations and soreness in the body.
- Improve sleep. Getting a massage can actually aid in getting a good nights’ sleep.
- Decrease stress. Cortisol, the stress hormone that we produce, can be lowered or altered by a relaxing massage.
- You are experiencing headaches. Massages can alleviate headaches related to tightness in your neck and shoulder muscles.
- You want to just relax. Massage is very helpful for overall relaxation and quieting down our nervous system (the fight or flight response).
- You want recovery from exercise or a sport. If you are sore or stiff from a good workout or participating in sports, a massage may help you recover faster.
- Improve circulation. Massage is seen to help improve your circulatory system, thus allowing for better blood-flow in the body.
There are many reasons to get a massage, but our top 10 reasons will help you feel rejuvenated and healthier!