The Professional Massage Academy pairs an online curriculum with hands-on training. This allows our students to learn at their own pace. Studying is an integral part of learning something new. Although studying is important, it can be difficult to perfect. These study hacks can help you be able to take on the studying like a champ and get the most out of it.
Top 5 College Study Hacks
- Consider the “gummy trail.” This is the idea of using candy or gummies to help motivate oneself. Put the candy in your book so when you reach that point in the passage you get to treat yourself. Sometimes a little extra motivation can go a long way.
- Listen to instrumental music in the background while you study. This can help to calm you and become more focused at the task of studying.
- Take hand-written notes. These days, laptops are everywhere and tend to be popular with students. There is research that shows that people who take the time to write down hand-written notes retain the information better. The laptops can also be distracting and “the present research suggests that even when laptops are used solely to take notes, they may still be impairing learning because their use results in shallower processing.”
- Exercise before you study. Exercise can help with many functions of the body and mind, and can potentially improve the focus of the person studying and maybe even their mental capacity. Exercising before studying can improve your energy and bring about better blood flow to improve alertness as well.
- Create a study schedule. Take the time to schedule in your studying so that you make sure it gets completed. We are often busy juggling many responsibilities and activities; thus, a study schedule will help to prioritize it.
We hope you have enjoyed these top 5 college study hacks, and now it’s time to put them into good use – Cheers to studying and learning!